Indira College Architecture & Design (ICAD) has constituted a ‘Women’s Grievance Cell’ as per the orders of the Supreme Court (Vishaka Judgment) with the aim of promoting gender equality and women empowerment among students and staff members. The cell takes care of the grievances of girl students and female staff members related to gender discrimination, violence and sexual harassment on the campus. It is dedicated to create an environment on the campus where every female feels safe.
The objectives of the women’s grievance cell are as follows:
- To create awareness amongst students about the problems faced by women due to gender issues.
- To create an environment of gender justice where men and women work together with a sense of personal security and dignity.
- To create awareness amongst students about the issues related to the youth, girls in particular.
- To disseminate knowledge about rights and laws related to women.
- To enhance the self-esteem and self-confidence of girl students, women faculty and staff.
- To foster decision-making ability in girl students for making informed choices in areas like education, employment and health.
The principle of gender equality is enshrined in the Indian Constitution. At Indira, we strongly believe that women and men have right to live as free and equal human beings and this equality should exist in all areas of life. All the activities conducted by the cell are directed towards successful execution of this goal.
WOMEN GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
|Sr. No.||Name of the Member||Designation|
|1||Dr. Supriya Nene||Principal|
|2||Prof. Kalpana Nagarkar||Asso. Professor|
|3||Prof. Deepali Chavan||Asst.Professor|
|4||Prof. Mukta Deshpande||Asso. Professor|
|5||Mrs. Manjoo Phadke||Representative – NGO|
|6||Simran Kondejkar||Student Representative|
|7||Vaishnavi Patil||Student Representative|